Olive Garden™ Alfredo Sauce Recipe
I’ve seen a lot of restaurant recipes for Olive Garden™ Alfredo Sauce. The majority of them include cream cheese and garlic powder.
One visit to Olive Garden™ and you’ll know there are real chunks of garlic in there, not powder. I’ve also never heard of Alfredo sauce including cream cheese. So, after a lot of searching I’ve found what I believe is the real Olive Garden™ Alfredo Sauce recipe. If you have inside information, please post a comment and I’ll try to correct this.
|Olive Garden™ Alfredo Sauce Recipe|| |
- ½ lb. butter cut into ~1" cubes
- ½ tablespoon chopped garlic
- 4 ounces white sauce powder
- 4 ounces whole milk
- 4 cubs heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2½ lbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt better slowly in a medium saucepan.
- Add in the garlic and cook until browned. Be careful not to burn the garlic. It will become very bitter tasting if you do.
- Add in the white sauce powder and the milk. White sauce powder can be found in your local grocery store along with the powdered gravy mixes.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and stir. It's very important you use the full fat heavy whipping cream for the right texture.
- Add the black pepper and stir.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and mix evenly while brining the sauce to 180 degrees. This will melt the cheese without boiling over or causing the bottom to burn.
- Turn off the heat and serve immediately over your favorite pasta.