Olive Garden Bread Sticks Recipe
If you’re not careful you could end up eating WAY too many of these bread sticks on your next trip to The Olive Garden™. Famous for their “bottomless basket” of breadsticks, a meal at The Olive Garden™ isn’t complete without a few of these in your belly. This is one of the restaurant recipes your friends will be begging you to forward to them. Best part, it’s extremely easy to make.
There appears to be a bit of a controversy about the inclusion of oregano in the recipe. Many have said true Olive Garden™ bread sticks don’t have any oregano. Keep this in mind when you make these up for your family. Crumble up the oregano very fine and don’t over do it on each stick. If you want to see if you can tell the difference, just skip the oregano on a couple of the bread sticks. After all, it’s your taste buds you’re looking to satisfy.
|Olive Garden Bread Sticks Recipe|| |
- 1 Loaf frozen bread dough, thawed and brought to room tempurature
- Pam vegetable spray
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Dried oregano leaf, rubbed to a fine powder
- Once the dough has been resting at room tempurature, spray a small amount of Pam on your finger tips and begin to knead the dough but don't over do it.
- Take the dough and roll out small little cigar shaped sticks. You should be able to get 8 to 10 sticks from each frozen package of dough.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a light coating of Pam vegetable spray.
- Lay the bread sticks out on the cookie sheet approximately 3 inches apart.
- Let the dough rise in a nice warm area until they've doubled in size. This should take between 1½ and 2 hours.
- Lightly spray the tops of each loaf with more Pam vegetable spray and sprinkle with some garlic powder and the fine oregano powder.
- Bake at 375 degree for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on the sheets or a cooling rack and serve warm.