Olive Garden™ Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
This is one of the most popular restaurant recipes from Olive Garden™. This is a spicy sausage and bacon soup with russet potatoes and greens in a creamy broth.
If you substitute cauliflower for the potatoes, you can make a great low-carb Atkins friendly soup that will taste exactly like the original restaurant recipe from The Olive Garden™. Another option would be to cook this up in a programmable crock pot with the pre-cooked sausage and bacon in there. It will be ready for you when you get home. Just add the kale and cream before serving.
Serve this with a nice basket of Olive Garden™ Breadsticks and their house salad. A wonderful lunch or dinner meal for you and your family.
|Olive Garden™ Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe|| |
- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage - crumbled
- ½ lb. smoked bacon - chopped
- 1 qt. water
- (2) 14.5 oz. cans (about 3⅔ cups) chicken broth
- 2 lg. russet potatoes - scrubbed clean, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves - peeled, crushed
- 1 med. onion - peeled, chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale OR Swiss chard
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Brown sausage in a pan over medium to medium-high heat, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Drain sausage and set to the side.
- Brown bacan in a pan over medium-high heat. Be careful not to cook crispy.
- Drain bacon and set to the side.
- Place broth, water, garlic, potatoes, and onion in a pot.
- Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Add sausage and bacon to the soup.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add kale and cream to pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat thoroughly.
[…] also trying out this Zuppa Toscana recipe. It’s Drew’s favorite soup at The Olive Garden. I think I’m going to switch out […]
[…] to copy Shelly’s version of the recipe, so I cobbled one together using online sources here and here. There’s definitely room for improvement, so this is a development-stage recipe only. My mother […]