Outback Steakhouse™ Ranch Dressing Recipe
I don’t know why it always seems a salad from a restaurant tastes so much better than anything I can put together at home. My only guess is the salad dressing. At home, we’re stuck with whatever we can find in a bottle on the grocery store shelves. Restaurant recipes will usually be something you’ve heard of, but with an added twist.
The Outback Steakhouse™ Ranch Dressing can be duplicated at home with the help of Hidden Valley Ranch™. They have a dry salad dressing mix (not the ranch dip) which makes a wonderful starter for our Outback Steakhouse™ Ranch Dressing.
The most important step is letting the dressing “set-up” in the refrigerator. Do NOT skip this step or cut it short. In fact, if you can, make this a day ahead of when you’re going to need it and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. At the very least give it an hour to chill.
|Outback Steakhouse™ Ranch Dressing Recipe|| |
- 1 tablespoon hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I recommend Hellmans or Best Foods - NOT Miracle Whip)
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛/ teaspoon cayenne pepper (use this INSTEAD OF the paprika if you like your dressing spicy)
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Chill for at least 1 hour. It's best to let this sit overnight to bring all of the flavors together and let it thicken up.