Outback Steakhouse™ Alice Springs Chicken Recipe
This is one of the more affordable restaurant recipes. This is great for a busy weeknight dinner especially if you start marinading the night before.
Grilled chicken breast topped with bacon, honey mustard sauce, sautéed mushrooms, Monterrey Jack and Cheddar. Normally served with Aussie Chips.
You can also turn this into their delicious Alice Springs Chicken Quesadilla. Simply slice thin and place inside of a flour tortilla along some bacon, honey mustard sauce, sauteed mushrooms and Mexican cheese blend. Grill until crisp and serve with some additional honey mustard sauce.
|Outback Steakhouse™ Alice Springs Chicken Recipe|| |
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine the mustard honey and 1 tablespoon of the oil along with the lemon juice and mix. Mix vigorously .
- Place the chicken in a 1 gallon Ziploc bag and pour half of the mixture on top. Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Save and chill the remaining marinade to serve later with the chicken.
- After the chicken has marinated:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Place the remaining oil in a frying pan, heat and sear chicken on both sides.
- Put the chicken in an oven safe pan and brush liberally with the marinade.
- In the same frying pan and add the butter and sauté the mushrooms.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place bacon strips across each breast, spoon mushrooms on top, and then add approximately ⅓ to ½ of a cup of cheese on each backspace.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake 7 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with honey mustard marinade.