Olive Garden™ Caprese Flatbread
Restaurant recipes are rarely shared on the restaurants website. But, Olive Garden™ has decided to do just that with their new Caprese Flatbread.
A light and cripsy flat bread with a nice chunky tomato mixture, topped with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. It’s reminds me of a very fresh and natural tasting pizza.
This is a great light snack you can enjoy on the patio with a crisp white wine such as Pinot Grigio. Make a little extra and it could pass as a light main course served with a cool salad.
Ok, time to make this wonderful dish:
|Olive Garden™ Caprese Flatbread|| |
- 8 Roma or plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10 medium fresh basil leaves, stemmed and shopped (about ½ cup)
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 11 oz container of refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 1 garlic clove
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Dice tomatoes into small pieces and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped garlic, salt, pepper, ½ of the chopped basil (about ¼ cup), and 4 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Set aside and allow the mixture to marinate for 10 minutes
- Flatten pizza dough into a rectangle pan as indicated on the package, making sure you take the dough to the edge of the pan.
- Drizzle the dough with extra virgin olive oil and brush it over the surface.
- Bake the dough in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes on center race.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Cut the garlic clove in half and rub, cut side down, on to the surface of the bread. The warmth of the bread will help extract the garlic flavor.
- Allow the bread to cool completely, about 10 additional minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450°F.
- Combine mayonnaise and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Evenly spread onto the surface of the bread.
- Top with shredded mozzarella to evenly cover the surface.
- Drain the Caprese mixture, as the salt will have extracted water from the tomatoes, and spread it evenly over the bread.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Return to the oven for 5-7 more minutes until golden, crisp and bubbly.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped basil
- Serve immediately.